Co-Chairs: Jackie L. Clark & James E. Saunders
Treasurer: Karl White
Information Technology: David Molter
Members-at-Large: Lisa Kovacs & Paige Stringer
Education and Training
Promote, identify and develop online and university-based education and training opportunities of hearing health professionals, families and community representatives including, but not limited to:
- Hearing health practitioners
- Primary care physicians
- Other health care providers
- Deaf educators
- Speech therapists
- Parent partnership
Enhance hearing health through the use of current technology and prepare for what’s next. Explore ways that the CGHH promote the use of technology by raising awareness and defining reasonable goals and outcomes.
Family / Community Empowerment
Promote a family and community centered approach to hearing loss with social integration and awareness through effective services such as counseling, parent groups and community based habilitation programs.
Advocacy / Media
Enhance awareness of hearing loss as a global health priority through dissemination of epidemiological data as well as the societal, educational and economic impact of hearing loss. Explore and develop programs to enhance public relations for CGHH and hearing health services through traditional and social media.
Promote programs of and equip healthcare professionals with strategies for hearing loss prevention. Advocate for governmental policy that supports hearing health (but not limited to):
- Providing direction to professionals, families, individuals to existing policy
- Encourage dialogue and consensus amongst and between professionals globally to achieve topical policy
- Create best practice guidelines for the CGHH website.
- Advocate for the ethical use of guidelines and reasonable outcome measures for all aspects of hearing health including, but not limited to:
- Guidelines for humanitarian / outreach trips
- Guidelines for medical providers
- Guidelines for hearing health providers and technicians
- Guidelines for family counseling and support
- Guidelines for education and habilitation services (including all communication options)